Tuesday, January 14, 2020

TOP STUFF IN 2019

 So it's the middle of January and that means I need to post my top books and stuff for 2019!

I actually tried to post this already, the stuff other than books, but stupid Tumblr refused to post it, so I'm back on here!

If you're wondering why I said I'd post more and then didn't, my computer died. It doesn't work at all. I mean it turns on, but can I run a program of any kind? No. Can I save stuff or open the internet? No. It's a very nice looking brick with a monitor that gets fuzzy whenever it feels like it. It's pretty damn annoying.

So I'm using a different computer not at my house to type this up and then post it.

*Ahem* Back to the task at hand.

So top thingies I was into last year! Except for books, because that will be it's own post, and music which you can follow me on Spotify to see what I'm obsessed with. I also will be posting a playlist with my top songs. Check out that list HERE.



SHOWS

See the source image


4. Teen Wolf





This show sucked me in over the summer. It follows Scott and Stiles after Scott is bitten by something and then turns into a Werewolf. I haven't finished the series but I got my sister into it as well and we LOVE these kids. I'm sad that it only has 6 seasons, but at least a bunch of them are splint into two parts, meaning twice as long as the other seasons.




See the source image



3. Witcher


I've heard about the Witcher video games, seen fan videos and heard fan songs, and heard the books are really well done. So when I heard there was going to be a TV show done by Netflix, I was all over it.


And it's SO GOOD!!! I love this show! I've seen the whole thing twice, numerous funny moments on YouTube, bought two of the novels (started both), and want merch. This show is so good! And after the nightmare of the ending of Game of Thrones I know won't suffer the same fate since unlike George RR Martin, Andrzej Sapkowski already finished the novels and the games are the only continuation, which ended this past year as well, and was considered a BRILLIANT ending. Thanks to fan videos I've seen the ending, and I love it.




See the source image


2. Steven Universe






While I was house sitting my best friend stayed with me so I wouldn't be alone for safety reasons, and we watched several shows, but the one we actually finished (including the movie) was Steven Universe. When I first started this show years ago I thought it was silly and odd, and didn't make it past the first few episodes. But this summer with nothing else to do when it rained we started it and fell in love. The music, the dances, the over all story, the characters, the humor, it's all BRILLIANT!!! It tackles heavy subjects in a manner small children can understand and does it in a non-triggering way. It's a lovely show and I watched the whole thing twice, and listened to the music non-stop.




See the source image

1. Supernatural




Despite how much I adored Steven Universe, the show doesn't define 2019 for me. It's music was super important to me, but the show that had one of my top ten songs of the year, the show that I got not one, not two, but THREE people into, the show that I have rewatched so many times I can't count it all (even though I haven't finished it yet, those later seasons are STRESSFUL) is Supernatural.

I've seen my favorite episodes so many times, I got both of my besties and one of their mothers into the show, I am obsessed with Carry On, Wayward Son the show's theme song, I own some merch, I want the boys car Baby. I'm just obsessed, right in time for the series finale. I don't know what I'll do when it's over, except maybe rewatch it a million times again.




MOVIES

See the source image
3. Captain MarvelYou know it's a good movie when your mother calls you seconds after she left the theater to tell you watch a movie. And when I didn't do that she ordered me to go rent it RIGHT NOW.

So I did. And she was right. It was amazing.

I loved the few Captain Marvel comics I read, and this movie was even better and did not disappoint! Since my mom is NOT a comic fan and loved this movie, you don't need to have touched a single comic to love this movie. I thought it was the best installment in the MCU, except for maybe Black Panther.




See the source image


2. Steven Universe: The Movie






I thought hard about not including this, but I can't just skip it. This movie is wonderful. As a movie it's pretty solid, as a cartoon movie it's PHENOMINAL!!! I adore this! I rewatched the whole series because I had to see this movie again. I love the music, the plot, and how it shows that even heroes who changed the world can do truly horrible things that had serious repercussions.




See the source image

 1. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

The best Marvel movie of all time has nothing to do with the MCU, and isn't live action. It has a brilliant plot that anyone of any age can follow. It's funny as hell, heartbreaking, and has breathtaking visuals.

It was a joy to watch and I've seen it repeatedly. Absolutely the best movie I've seen all year, and ties with Black Panther from last year.




GAMES


See the source image


3. Journey








Again, over the summer I played 3 games constantly, and one that I have been DYING to play for YEARS since before it came out was Journey, which is exclusively available on the PS 3 +, which I don't own. But my bestie brought hers over specifically so I could play this game and one other.

It did not disappoint. This game is BEAUTIFUL and so wonderful. The music, the imagery, the fact that my first time playing I had a companion. I adore this game and want to play it over and over and over again. Sadly, my one time is all I got before the house sitting ended and I lost access to it.




See the source image

2. Link's Awakening

When I first compiled this list I was certain this would be the only game I would mention, but I guess because my summer was mostly Supernatural (like most of the year) and Steven Universe, I forgot about the number one game I wish I still had access to.

But I digress.

I have wanted to play this game since it came out originally in the 90s, but was unable to because my brother (rightfully so) distrusted me with his video games since I was like, 6 or 7. But now I'm 30, I own my own Switch, and I preordered this game along with the amiibo.

It's a solid game, with an intriguing, and ultimately heartbreaking, story line, beautiful graphics, and adorable Link running around. I am now attempting to get 100% of the shells and heart pieces.

A can't miss installment for fans of the Zelda game line.




See the source image

1. Slime Rancher

The number one game my bestie wanted me to play, and another game I've wanted to play for over a year is Slime Rancher.

This fun, quirky, and adorable game is exactly what it sounds like. You run around this game and collect slimes, which are as adorable as they look in that picture, and build a ranch you were gifted. You're a woman of color, in a relationship with another woman, and that just makes the game even better.

When I wasn't watching Steven Universe or one of the other shows I was typically playing this game until the sun rose all summer, and I want all the plushies for this cute game. I need to own it. I want it so bad!!! I don't think it's available on the switch, but now that I'm thinking about it I really need to look into that! If not, I need to get a PS4!!!



That's all the stuff I was into that last year, and the best of it all. I hope you enjoyed this and that I can get another computer this tax season.

No comments:

Post a Comment