Monday, November 3, 2014

Monthly Favorites ~October 2014~

Hey guys! October is over which means Monthly Favorites time! I'm also posting my reading Wrap Up on my YouTube Channel, so head over there to check it out!

Anywho, onto my favorites!


BOOKS


The Revenge of Seven by Pittacus Lore

This is the fifth book in the I Am Number Four, part of the Lorien Legacies. I've been a fan of this series since I saw the movie, had a ton of questions (but liked the idea), so I picked up the first book, and got addicted. This book is AMAZING! From the first page to the last I was sucked into it.
I also did a full book review on my channel so if you've read it, or wanna know my thoughts about the scandal around one of the authors, you can watch it HERE (for the latter, just watch until I tell you I'm spoiling ya'll).



The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan

This is the fifth and final book in The Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan. I really loved it (just a little less than Revenge of Seven, that's why it's number two), and will have a full review up on Friday on my channel. It's very well done, but again, if you haven't read the series it's really spoilerific.


MOVIE


Hocus Pocus

This is my favorite Halloween movie of all time, and I watch it at least once every year. Halloweentown is right behind it, but I didn't get to watch that one until Nov 1st. If you haven't seen this movie, you haven't lived. (And if you're worried about witchcraft, it shows it in a bad light, showing not to mess with it).


TV SHOW


Gotham

This is on Fox, showing the Wayne's murder, and following James Gordon as he deals with the corruption of Gotham. We also get to see young Penguin and Catwoman. It's really good, if a little dark. I hope it'll tie into The Flash and Arrow, but I think it's before that, as Bruce is only 10, and he's about the same age as Oliver, and Oli is about 25 in Arrow. :/


YOUTUBER



I found this amazing BookTuber, Emily, thanks to this amazing video which is down below, Confessions of a Bookreader. It's hilarious, and so is she!


VIDEOS


Fall Chocolate Pumpkin Chow

This video is hilarious, and I totally didn't expect it since it's from Polished, a beauty guru channel. Normally it's beauty, which can be amusing, but not like this! I really wanna try this, too!



Confessions of a Bookreader

This is hilarious, and accurate! Which makes it even funnier! :D


MUSIC


Taylor Swift - 1989 (album)

I'm listening to this right now, just as I have since I got it last week (my car broke down for it, too). I love it, and can't stop listening it to it. It's still Taylor, even though the whole album is pop instead of country. :)



Amy Lee - Sally's Song (from Nightmare Revisited)

I have a Halloween playlist on Spotify that I start playing all the time around the end of September (Halloween for me is Christmas to most people. Christmas is awesome, but Halloween trumps it in my book!). This song is beautiful, but this year I became addicted to it!



TTS - Holler

There was actually a ton of songs that I discovered this month, but coming in third behind the other two had to be Holler by TTS. I love this song, and couldn't get it out of my head all month! In fact I have to listen to it the second I finish 1989 right now! It is Korean, but ya'll should know I'm addicted to it by now!


RANDOM: MAKE UP




In case you missed THIS blog post, I won some makeup from Mary Kay, including the lipstick Mystic Plum, and these two eyeshadows, Lime and Emerald. Mystic Plum is a beautiful deep purple, perfect for the fall and winter, and while they look boring in these pictures, both eyeshadows are multicolored. Lime has a lot of gold running through the green and Emerald has some purple mixed in. Together, the three make an amazing makeup look, and are a ton of fun for me to play with for Sundays (I always wear makeup, because my kids can't stop talking about my acne in my primary class), and for videos! In fact, Wednesday's video I'm wearing all three! :)


Those are my favorites! What book were you addicted too? Discovered a bunch of new music, like I did? Let me know!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment