Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Monthly Favorites ~November 2014~

SOOO I posted NOTHING last month except my monthly favorites!!! GAH I'M SORRY! I was rather stressed out due to a family member's lack of health, and a wedding...I was just stressed and stopped doing much for a few days.

I have a month in pictures to post. I WILL be posting that, so be prepared.

Also, this month I decided that because I have like, two more books to read before I finish my Goodreads goal of 100 books for the year I'm gonna post a picture a day on my Tumblr. They're not reblogs, or just sharing someone else's post, I'm taking the photos myself and sharing them on there, so check it out!

ANYWHO, onto my favorites!


BOOKS


Naruto by Masashi Kishimoto

This manga has been running for 15 years, and I've been reading it for 13. And it finally ended. This past week I finally finished the 700 chapter, and it was over. I'm gonna miss the insanity of this series and it's crazy characters and the super twisty plot!



Cinder and Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Cinder was the read of the month for #AYearAThon in November. I read it really quickly and enjoyed it, though so far it's my least fav of the series. Scarlet claims the top spot, and the first 200 pages of Cress have already proven it better than Cinder. Regardless, they're really good and I seriously recommend them for everyone!


MOVIE


The Amazing Spider-Man 2

I know, I'm SO behind the curve when it comes to movies. Trust me. I haven't seen Maleficent or Guardians of the Galaxy either. BUT! I finally saw this and it was SO GOOD! So SAD but so GOOD!!!! Can't wait to see where they'll take it next. SO much better than the last trilogy!!!


TV SHOW


Dragons: Defenders of Berk (part 1)

I haven't had much of a chance to watch TV this past month, BUT I got to watch this DVD, which is the first part of season 2 of the How to Train Your Dragon show. And it's just as good as the original. The kids are hilarious, the lessons are good ones, and the dragons are really interesting. Can't wait to watch part 2...too bad I'm number 10 on two copies at the library. :(


VIDEOS


Boys in Books Are Better by ItsWayPastMyBedTime

This is just a cute, fun video about how so often us bookworms can't help comparing normal guys to amazing people from books, like Mr. Darcy, or in my case Lucivar Yaslana.



Dragon Age by Lindsey Stirling

Lindsey is a genius in many ways, including her videos. I've been following her for about four years now, and watched her videos go from just her dancing around to costumes to THIS. This video is majestic and AMAZING!!!



You Are More by Michelle Phan

Another empowering video from Michelle Phan, this one is telling everyone that yes, people are going to label, often people you trust and love, and yes, they can really hurt. But you're more than a label. Once again she's working with Love 146, so watch the whole video to see how you can help victims of human trafficking!


YOUTUBER


Taylor Davis

While watching some Legend of Zelda fan videos on Pinterest of all things, I found her cover of Song of Time/Song of Storms. It's beautiful, then I watched all four of her Legend of Zelda covers, found out there was an album, then watched a different video...and I was hooked! I'm listening to her right now, actually! She's really talented, and though she doesn't dance like Lindsey, and has a different style, I love it all the same!


MUSIC


The Heart Wants What It Wants by Selena Gomez

Since I saw the video I was hooked. The rawness of her performance, whether it's a track or live, combined with the beautiful lyrics...it's just so pretty! I love this song and other than the continuation of Taylor Swift's 1989, this is my top track of the month!



Time's End by Theophany

This is actually a fan album that's for free HERE. Of course if you're not broke like me you should at least give him some money, because this album is PHENOMENAL!!! I love it so much that I had to burn it so I could listen to it all over the place!



Good Boy by G Dragon and Taeyang

Another song I found from YouTube (seriously, check out the music video, it's so fun and trippy), this song easily gets in my head and has been on repeat ever since! Had to list it as third, nothing else compares!


That's everything I've been loving this past month! Look forward to my month in pics coming tomorrow, as well as my November Wrap Up on my YouTube channel! I'll do my best to post more next month, maybe even do a weekly pics for my daily challenge! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment