Tuesday, December 16, 2014

books-cupcakes December Book Photo Challenge Week 2

Sorry for posting this late, yesterday was a tad crazy. Library sale, ya know?

Anywho, here's what took place last week in the second week of this challenge on Tumblr!



Day 8: Best Cliffhanger
The Burning Bridge by John Flanagan

There are plenty of books that could fulfill this *coughRickRiordanBookscough* but I went with this one, because while book 1 was enjoyable, and I didn't mind it, this cliffhanger kinda blew me away. Normally you expect everything to be wrapped up nicely in a middle grade book, but NOPE. Nice ending and got me addicted. John Flanagan hasn't let me down yet.



Day 9: Favorite POV
The Two Towers by JRR Tolkien and Dreams Made Flesh by Anne Bishop

POV means Point of View. Which normally is something as boring as what tense the story is told in. But everyone took it to mean what character voice told the story the best. And I had a tie.
I chose The Two Towers because Gandalf goes from badass to BAMF and the way he speaks goes from pretty awesome to AMAZING WORDSMITHING OMG I CAN'T HANDLE THE AWESOMENESS. Yup.
I also went with Dreams Made Flesh because when Jaenelle and Lucivar are talking about The Raft. It's just too funny. He's such a great voice/pov anyway, and the two of them acting like drunk college kids is even better. :D



Day 10: A Frustrating Read
The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan

OMG, this book. SO FRUSTRATING. This is considered the worst of this series, and BOY are they RIGHT! The main character is losing his mind, which means he can't tell what's what anymore and it's like his brains have fallen out. Because they have, but that doesn't make it better! And we revisit the Ais Sedai, who are stuck up and do nothing much of importance. I can't stand their system or how they treat each other. I got almost exactly halfway through it before giving up several years ago. If it wasn't for good friends and getting almost this whole series for extremely cheap I wouldn't even own it.



Day 11: Coco and a Book
I Am Number Four The Lost Files: Hidden Enemy by Pittacus Lore

This coco wasn't the greatest, but that was all my fault, not enough chocolate for that mug. The book isn't much better, as the first story follows Five, the pansy. Turns out he's been stupid from the beginning. -_-'



Day 12: Reading by the Fire

Yeah, we don't have a fire place, cuz we don't really need one in southern Arizona, plus it was like $5,000 to install one. So this video on YouTube had to due. It's a fireplace for 3 hours. There's several, one of which goes up to 10 hours. I don't...why?



Day 13: Favorite Character Name
Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

I like most character names, just like I like most names. Though Chuckie is just bleh. But I think perhaps the most epic of names is Artemis Fowl, who has a series named after him. He's smart, tough, and pretty awesome, like his name. I just love it.



Day 14: Wrapping Paper

Okay, okay, this picture is lame. I forgot all about it while I was wrapping gifts, and I was too stupid to figure out how to put it by wrapped gifts. >< BUT that is a gift for a friend as well as some wrapping paper. I didn't wrap it in that...which makes it even worse. I WAS OUT OF IDEAS, OKAY!?!


That was everything from this past week! Remember to check out my Tumblr to see my posts daily, as well as my YouTube Channel for my weekly videos. I just posted two yesterday (copyright issues, don't ask).

Hope you're having a great December!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment