Saturday, December 27, 2014

Books and Cupcakes December Book Photo Challenge Week 3

So, this is TOTALLY late, but I was busy just before Christmas, but now I'm sick, so I have time. So here's what I posted on Week 3! :)



Day 15: Guilty Pleasure
W.i.t.c.h. by Elizabetta Gnone and Elizabeth Lenhard, and Star Wars by Jude Watson (and a few others)

I'm not really guilty of what I read, but I know I probably am looked down upon for reading books meant for kids a lot younger than me. Still, I love them!



Day 16: Favorite Classic
The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien

Ya'll should I know LOVE Middle Earth, after all I'm named after a land in this world (Lothlorien). Before I could read, my dad read Bilbo facing Smaug in The Hobbit, and while I was learning, Sam and Frodo facing Shelob together (I thought it was Bilbo again, lol). One of my favorite stories of all is in The Silmarillion, Fingolfin, king of the high Elves, facing Morgoth, creator and master of Sauron. This will always be one of my favs, and when the world feels a little old to me, I read it again.
Need to reread The Silmarillion again...



Day 17: Family
The Son Family and Friends from Dragon Ball Z by Akira Toriyama

One of the things Dragon Ball Z is famous for is the final shot in the opening, which every season changes. First it's the Z Warriors, Goku and his friends. Then it's Goku's family and the Z Warriors. And it just keeps growing. The final season there's over 50 people standing around Goku, who picks up his youngest son and puts him on his shoulder. It's no longer them standing all tough and ready to kill. It's a group of people, some of whom are fighters, some of whom have never fought for their lives before. They're smiling, happy, and joyous to be together, alive and happy. My brother and I have talked about how we dream to have a group of people like that who can be there for us, with that large of a number. When I think of family in books, the ultimate family is definitely Dragon Ball Z, because it doesn't matter who you are or where you came from, if you're a good person, you can be there as a part of the Son family.



Day 18: Winter
Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan

I had gotten this the day before I took this photo. Originally I had no clue what image to take, but then I realized I had a Winter book, Winter's Heart! I haven't read this, but I hope I'll love this series...after all I'm only 1 book from having the entire series!



Day 19: Blew My Mind
Fullmetal Alchemist by Hiromu Arakawa

This manga series TOTALLY blew my mind!!! When I watched the first anime, it really did blow my mind, and I remember being up most of the night after the new episode, because I was too excited to sleep. Then I started the manga, and BOY is it different from the original anime! They're SO different, it's amazing! While I still like the original anime, the manga and second anime are SO MUCH BETTER!!! And trust me, NOTHING from the original show can prepare you for the insane twists this series throws at you the whole time! Favorite manga, and Edward Elric is my favorite character ever!!!



Day 20: Recommend
The Black Jewels by Anne Bishop

Now back onto my other favorite series, The Black Jewels. The darkest, most serious, funniest, brightest, most creative series I've ever read. This ties or is just below The Lord of the Rings. This takes gender roles and puts them on their heads. Culture norms are reversed, and you see some of the best and worst people imaginable shown in power. It's sweet, it's twisted, it makes you cry tears of joy and laughter, as well tears of horror and sorrow. I love this series so much!



Day 21: Holiday Read
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

Okay, I haven't read this at all, but I just got it. Last year's Christmas vies for Worst Day of My Life, so reading, listening, or watching Christmas stuff stressed me out to no end, though this year I've had a great holiday. I hope to read this by Christmas Day next year. :)


So that was what I posted last week. Sorry for being late, but I'll post the final week just after the turn of the year. I'm also participating in January's challenge, and maybe I'll continue with it after January.

Hope you had a great Christmas too, and if you didn't, I feel ya. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment