Monday, September 1, 2014

Monthly Favorites ~August 2014~

Hey guys!

So August has ended and September is here! Which means it's time to go over all of my favorites! Make sure to check out my YouTube channel HERE to see my Monthly Wrap Up focused on EVERYTHING I read this past month, not just my number 1 favorites.


BOOKS


Slaves of Socorro by John Flanagan

I am a HUGE John Flanagan fan. He hasn't written anything that I haven't loved! Seriously! His newest release is no different! It's fun, funny, a blast! I adored it!



Teen Titans: It's Our Right to Fight by Scott Lobdell, Brett Booth and Norm Rapmund

One of the MANY new 52 titles I read this past month, it's a stand out because of how fun it is. While many of the others were dark and twisted this was a blast and great fun! Reminds me a lot of Young Justice! I just hope it runs longer than the show did!


MOVIE


Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier

I managed to catch this just before it left the cheap theaters with my girl LA Knight! We both adored it so much she started another amazing fanfic about it! Also saw it another time...on YouTube. BE WARNED that one has about 5 minutes muted. -_-'
Expect this on DVD and Blu Ray soon!


TV SHOWS


Fullmetal Alchemist (original series)

This is the series that doesn't follow the manga very truly at all, but it's what got me into the manga back in the day! I actually missed several episodes and never got to see them, so it's been fun seeing the old stuff combined with new episodes entirely! (Watch this BEFORE you read the manga, otherwise you won't be able to finish unless your a diehard fan like myself)



Star Wars: The Clone Wars
The Lost Missions (season 6)

This is the first and only 12 episodes made for season 6, which never aired on TV due the transfer of the rights from Cartoon Network to Disney. It's on Netflix, and thanks to my girl LA Knight I'm now able to watch it! And it's GOOD! They TOTALLY set the stage for Episode III Revenge of the Sith. You see Anakin's downward spiral and they touch upon Order 66. I'm also not done with this, but I can't wait to get into it. I'll hopefully be done with it before Star Wars: Rebels (the movie) airs but probably not.


VIDEOS


LA Knight's Once Upon A Time Trailer
by Nicole Godard

This is for LA Knight's fanfic of the same name, which you can read HERE. It's a Hellboy Fanfic I've been editing as Beta for YEARS. Because it's AWESOME! And this vid is awesome too!!!



Shake It Off by Taylor Swift

I've had this video on repeat ever since I heard it. I've already listened to it at least once today and probably will hear it a million times more. I ADORE it! It's so funny, and Taylor said it was about how you can just shake off the haters, and she showed it by getting a bunch of professional dancers and then throwing herself into the mix. So funny, cute, and I adore the message (if not the twerking).


YOUTUBER


Novels and Nonsense
YouTube Channel HERE

Sam of Novels and Nonsense actually subscribed to me first thanks to a video where WhittyNovels told her followers to advertise their channels in the comments. I did and she subscribed after telling me that we were about the same age and had the same interests. Of course I was intrigued and I'm OBSESSED! She's funny, quirky and awesome. Love her! Zelda and Doctor Who fans, SUBSCRIBE TO HER TOO! She's so nice. :)


MUSIC


Happiness by Red Velvet

Like two days before I got into Shake It Off (which is, let's face it, the number 1 song of the month) I found this weirdo video that's as random as the image above. But it's incredibly catchy despite being in Korean (ya'll know I love K Pop). When I looked up the lyrics I found it's positive message of looking for happiness, not wealth and power, uplifting. And then I got addicted to it, and it was barely not number 1.



Chasing the Sun by Hilary Duff

Another song I heard via the music video (which ya'll should check out because it's hilarious and cute!). This I also found myself just humming along to and I've heard it a million times this month now!



Edge of a Revolution by Nickelback

This song doesn't have a video that I'm aware of (if I'm wrong, just let me know!) but I got into it because of Spotify. And despite the fact they say the S word 3 times I can't stop listening to it! It's really powerful and with all the drama in the media this past month I found it quite fitting. Helped my rage come out and not overwhelm me too much through the sadness in the media.


PERSON


Robin Williams

Sadly Robin Williams passed away this past month, a great tragedy. This image basically sums it all up.
If this has made you feel terribly sad and have some dark thoughts of your own, please check out my post about it HERE.
Rest In Peace, man. You were loved.


RANDOM


Boots Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover

I have NEVER found a good eye makeup remover until now. This does have an oil base, and it isn't hypoallergenic, BUT! It's the ONLY eye makeup remover that hasn't hurt my eyes at ALL, it gets practically EVERYTHING off (unless I layer up my mascara, which is all but impossible to remove completely), and doesn't leave a sheen on my eyeball (which is FRUSTRATING!!!!). It's AWESOME! I love it! Yes, there's a bit of a shine on my eyelids after I use it, but that goes away after I wash my face in the morning. ADORE IT!


So that was everything I've been loving this month! Make sure to click my links, and be sure to subscribe on YouTube to see my videos, I upload 3 times a week (unless there's something going on, I may only get 1 up around Thanksgiving).

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment