Sunday, June 9, 2013

Darkness

I guess I've been on this poetry binge right now. It expresses my feelings better than anything else could, I think.

(On another note, this is my 100th blog! Wow! I feel special!!!)

Here's my latest installment

Darkness


Darkness seeps through me

Darkeneing my soul

Darkening my mind

The light holds no more warmth to me

 

Little moments

That’s all that I can feel

Small moments that shine through the dark

 

I can’t get out

I can’t escape

From this hell that’s purely internal

Nothing attacks me

But my own emotions

 

Sometimes I wished to feel empty

No more happiness means no more pain, right?

But then a moment shows me their worth

And I’m stuck again

 

The poison of my mind clings to me

And my mouth and my hands and my thoughts

Are no longer my own

And I spread my pain to other

Which breaks me inside

 

My own lack of self-worth

Drags others down with me

And in the end, we all pay

 

No amount of loneliness

Or adventures with friends

Can cure this

 

Then there’s another moment

And I begin to dream and hope

Then

All too soon

The darkness returns

 

And I’m poisoned again

No comments:

Post a Comment