Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Music Favorites of 2013

Hey Guys!

Sorry for not posting again yesterday, my hands were bugging me. But, I just finished finalizing my list for 2013!

To start things off, let's see what Spotify, what I'm usually using to listen to music, has to say about my streaming.



In case you can't read it, or are too lazy to click (been there too, buddy), here's what it says:

Top 10 Tracks of 2013 on Spotify

1) Selena Gomez - Come and Get It (153 Streams)
2) Victorious Cast - Here's 2 Us
3) Jessie J - Wild
4) Justin Timberlake - Mirrors
5) Blush - Up Up and Away
6) Ester Dean - Let It Grow
7) Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
8) Sam Tsui - Me Without You
9) Skillet - Not Gonna Die Tonight
10) Taylor Swift - Safe & Sound

Top Artist - Selena Gomez (439 Streams)
Top Album - Shake It Up: I < 3 (333 Streams)
Top Playlist - Go Girl (5,864 Streams)

I had over 30 songs mentioned in monthly favorites, which I listed, then I went through my kpop songs I listened to last year, most of which aren't on Spotify and listed them. I shorted it to a list of 22 songs. Here they are!

1. Selena Gomez - Come & Get It
2. Justin Timberlake - Mirrors
3. Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
4. Skillet - Not Gonna Die
5. Daughtry - Waiting for Superman
6. Peter Hollens - I See Fire
7. Fallout Boy - The Phoenix
8. Sam Tsui - Me Without You
9. Sam Tsui + Elle Winter - Unsinkable
10. Carly Rae Jepsen - Tonight I'm Getting Over You
11. Lana Del Rey - Young & Beautiful (DH Orchestral Version)
12. Ester Dean - Let It Grow
13. Nickelback - Just to Get High
14. Katy Perry - Unconditionally
15. Little Mix - Wings
16. Thousand Foot Krutch - Courtesy Call
17. Rochelle Diamante - Queen Bee
18. CL - The Baddest Female
19. Fallout Boy - My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark
20. BIGBANG - Bad Boy

HONORABLE MENTIONS

21. Marina and the Diamonds - How to be a Heartbreaker
22. Our Last Night - Same Old War

Even though Peter Hollens' "I See Fire" came out just last month, it's absolutely beautiful and had to make this list.

Now, there were some rocking albums last year, so I had to list my top 5 favorites also, since I loved them so much!
1. Lindsey Stirling - Lindsey Stirling (Extended Edition)
2. Selena Gomez - Stars Dance
3. Wondergirls - Wonder Party
4. Skillet - Rise
5. Sam Tsui - Make It Up

And last of all, I have to mention my favorite music video!




The Wizard of Ahhs by Todrick Hall ft. Pentatonix

It's just so well done and very addicting. No other music video by a Youtuber or record company can compare.

That's all for my music favorites of last year! Wow, it's a lot. I really am an audiophile.

I'm making a playlist of my favorite songs of last year, so check me out on Spotify, my username's lorien13. I'll also send out a link to the playlist on Facebook and Twitter!

<3>

1 comment:

  1. MUSIC!

    And now I’m hearing Big and Rich when they intro their song “Rollin’.” They go, in this twangy southern cowboy accent, “Bruthahs and sistahs! We are here for one reason and one reason alone! To shay-uh our love of music-cuh!”

    So, your top 10. I love “Come and Get It.” However, my favorite songs on this list are “Not Gonna Die,” “Safe and Sound,” and “Radioactive” for twirling, and “Me Without You” and “Mirrors” for writing. Unless it’s Twilight Chessboard, in which case it’s “Here’s 2 Us.”

    As for your others…I adore “Young and Beautiful” SO MUCH!!! SO BEAUTIFUL!

    And even though I just discovered it, I love Katy Perry’s “Unconditionally.”

    “My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark” is a good song to imagine battle scenes and rebellions to, as well as “Same Old War.”

    Of course, “Courtesy Call” is the theme song for Bones. =D

    “I See Fire” is GORGEOUS!!!

    And I love Skillet’s “Rise” as well. And even my dad liked “The Wizard of Ahhhs.”

    <3

    ReplyDelete