Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Monthly Favorites ~December 2013~

Last of my favorites for a month! Here's what I loved last month!


MOVIE


The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug

If you saw my yearly favorites, this shouldn't be a surprise. I went with my family for my mom's birthday, and it's now my favorite movie of all time.


BOOK


The Fall of Five by Pittacus Lore

This was one of...seven books I received for Christmas, and it's the only one I hadn't read before. Once again, Pittacus Lore has done it. Amazing novel! I love the twists, though I very sad that someone dies. Recommended for all fantasy/sci fi lovers!!!


VIDEO


Bubz does Gwuiyomi

Okay, the way Bubz does it is a little...creepy. Too cutesy and just weird to watch. But after...OMG, AFTER! Her husband does it. You've GOT to see this vid, it's just too funny!!!


FOOD


Pumpkin Cheesecake

Okay this is NOT a picture of the pumpkin cheesecake I made that had everyone who tasted it fall in love (with my cooking skills). I actually was so busy eating it that I never took a pic! Out of four pies!!! ><

BUT! 
It is SO good! It's a Paula Deen recipe, and I've never seen anything online with such a high rating! 4.9 out of 5 stars, man! You can check it and try it for yourself here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/pumpkin-cheesecake-recipe/index.html


MUSIC

I've been in love with a lot of music this past month, so I don't have 3, I've got 4!


I See Fire covered by Peter Hollens

I was in love with the original, but this version is better. Love it!



The Phoenix by Fall Out Boy

The video's a little disturbing, but I love this song. I was in a bad mood when I first heard it and it totally pulled me out of it. Still addicted.



My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark by Fall Out Boy

I was addicted to this song first, so I got the album from the library and then discovered The Phoenix. I really like it and it's been playing non stop too.



Same Old War by Our Last Night

Last of all is this song. I was looking for rock covers of pop songs for my latest W.i.t.c.h. chapter and these guys do that! But this isn't a cover, it's an original. And MAN you've got to see the video! So well done!

So that's my past monthly favorites for 2013. Wow that year flew by, and now I'm in 2014. Holy crap, as a little kid I couldn't see myself living this long, not sure why.

What were your favs for December? And did you find new loves from Christmas, like I did?

<3 p="">

1 comment:

  1. And now to your monthly favorites! I went kinda backward, lol.

    Smaug!! I just keep thinking about Benedict Cumberbatch crawling around on the floor, doing “motion capture” for Smaug, lol. And Tauriel flipping off the Elven king.

    Gonna read Fall of Five eventually! My copy of I Am Number Four just arrived last night! I’m on page 2. But then I remembered I have library books…

    ACK! The Gwiyomi thing!! I don’t want that in my head! NOOOOOO! Evil lady to post this! Although Tim’s is hilarious. =)

    Wow. No picture out of 4 cheesecakes? I loved your pumpkin bread, honestly. For shiz. SO GOOD!

    I adore “I See Fire.” It actually makes me think of Nuada going into a battle or whatever, but also it really makes me think of Duo. Because that is so his attitude about battle. He’s a total Viking.

    I’m not so fond of “The Phoenix,” but I LOVE “My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark!” It’s awesome!!! Love to twirl to it! And to write battle scenes. Same with “Same Old War!” EEEK!

    My December faves? Movies…erm…I liked Under Wraps a lot! Books - everything I got! But especially Vortex by SJ Kincaid (so funny!) and The Selection by Kiera Cass. Food? Michelle made these great potatoes…and I made this great pie…ask Karl. Music? The three songs you mentioned that I liked, and um…”Unconditionally” by Katy Perry.

    <3

    ReplyDelete