Thursday, July 31, 2014

Monthly Favorites: ~July 2014~

Hey guys!

Today is the end of July 2014. Oh man, where is this year going? So much as happened already this year, and so much time has passed, and yet it feels like it should still be 2009 or something! At least it does to me. :)

Regardless, the end of the month means a Wrap Up video (going up tomorrow on my YouTube, so subscribe) and this post!

So lets get into the things I've been obsessed with this month!


BOOKS


Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Dude. I read this for BookTube-A-Thon this year (link to the post all about it and it's vids here) as the challenge to read a book someone else choose for you. Ray/LA Knight choose it for me after a brief argument over another book I already said I wasn't gonna read, and BOY am I glad she did! I LOVED it. LOVED it!!! I'm gonna have a hell of a time trying to choose my top 14 at the end of this year, because I'm past that number of 5/5 stars, and this was yet another!
I did a review of this which will be coming soon on my YouTube channel.



The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

I've been rereading this, and finished both The Fellowship of Ring and The Two Towers this month, as well as the first half of The Return of the King. I've rediscovered why I write and read. I know I'd be a different person if I hadn't grown up on these stories. I'm glad I made the decision to reread this trilogy before the 3rd Hobbit movie came out!


MOVIE


Zapped

So this is a Disney Channel Original Movie, where a girl's cell has a freak accident, and suddenly her dog obedience app can control boys. It's a really different take on the lesson that you can't control others, only yourself, and how you should just accept others as they are. I really enjoyed it, and if I had to rate it, I'd give it a solid 4 out of 5 stars. Not wowing, but fun and cute to watch.


TV SHOWS


Girl Meets World

This is the sequel to Boy Meets World, where we follow not only an adult Corey as a father, but as well as his children, Riley and her younger brother Auggie. Lots of old favs from the show make appearances, and episodes follow the same kind of plot lines as the original, but with a modern twist, showing that we really are our parents' children. I LOVE this show, and it's so well done!


VIDEOS


The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies Teaser

In case you missed my last post here, I reacted to the awesomeness that is this teaser. When I showed my parents we watched it a second time. We love it THAT MUCH. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!



Colbie Caillat - Try

Another Girl Power vid, about just being yourself, and not trying too hard. I really loved it, and it made me cry. Although I still wear makeup sometimes (like right now), but it's always a good reminder you don't have to try.



Glen Keane - The Duet

This mini video by Glen Keane is BEAUTIFUL! He worked for Disney (I think) at one point, and then made this beauty! A must watch!


YOUTUBER


Bookables
Heather's YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Bookables

Heather is a quirky booklover like myself, who is too old for YA, according to lameos. Regardless she has a wide love of books and is very fun to watch! Must subscribe!


MUSIC


Still I Fly (cover) by Kurt Hugo Schneider ft. Macy Kate and Austin Percario

I've had this song on repeat ever since I saw this vid. I thought it was official, thanks to all the clips from the movie, but nope. Just a cover that blows the socks off the original by a LOT!!! I *LOVE* this song, and only this version!



Too Much by Zendaya

Yeah, this is the theme for Zapped. And once the movie was over, I got it in my head and it WOULDN'T LEAVE! After listening to it on repeat every few songs I had to add it.



All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor
Link to video (which ROCKS) here

This song may sound like a lame pop song, but it is. Meghan isn't a skinny performer, but in her vid she dances around better than Britney Spears all about how "every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top". If that line isn't enough, you've got to see the vid or listen to it. (WARNING she DOES cuss, just twice, and I just mute it right then).

HONORABLE MENTION


Becky G

Becky G is a 17 year old who decided to try her hand at music. And BOY can she ROCK! She's awesome, and I have 6 songs of hers on repeat lately. I wanna rock? Listen to her. Wanna dance? Listen to her. I especially love her version of "Jenny from the Block", Becky from the Block. She tells about her background and what she's overcome. Very inspirational. Heard about her thanks to Disney, and she's amazing!


Those are the things I love. I've also been crazy about some more music and videos, but I shortened it so this post would go on forever! :)

What have you discovered this month??? Have you enjoyed summer so far? It's been cooler this past month than all of winter last year. That vortex that kept most of the country frozen kept us boiling. Christmas Eve was a record high, in the 80s! >< So cooler weather is nice!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment