Friday, May 2, 2014

Monthly Favorites ~April 2014~ (plus video)

Hey Guys!

It's the start of May, which means my Monthly Favorites!!! Time to take a look at what I've been loving this past month!


BOOKS


Since I started my BookTube channel on YouTube, I've been reading a TON! But out of the 10 books I read, this is one of my faves! It's super short, but super good. Can't wait to get to Bang, book 2!



Anne no Aijou by Igarashi Yumiko

I've been reading this manga since December, and this is the final one. It's only book 3 of the Anne of Green Gables series, but the last of the manga. It's sweet, cute, and the art's BEAUTIFUL! I'll be posting a double review of this and Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, so stay tuned for that!


MOVIE


Frozen

I FINALLY SAW IT!!! It's SO cute! Totally worth the hype, it's officially my favorite Disney Princess movie! Yes, it...ties with Beauty and the Beast. Both are about true love, not love at first sight. While I believe in that (my dad was smitten with my mom automatically, such a cute story), it's not really all that true. Love this!


VIDEOS


Beyond the Veil by Lindsey Stirling



Shatter Me by Lindsey Stirling ft. Lzzy Hale

Both of these are the first two singles from Lindsey Stirling's newest album, Shatter Me. SO amazing! And you need to see the Behind the Scene of Shatter Me to learn what it's about...so powerful!


YOUTUBERS


Kristin the Bookworm
Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/KristinTheBookworm

First of all, not only is she really awesome and started her channel a few months before me, but I actually met her! She's so sweet, and just tagged me in her latest tag video! You've got to check her out and subscribe!



Katytastic
Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Katytastic

One of the biggest BookTubers out there, Katytastic is funky and hilarious. She tries to film all her videos without blinking, and the story behind the habit's truly hilarious! :)


SHOW


Fullmetal Alchemist

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I've been rewatching several anime that I adore and haven't seen since high school. FMA is my favorite manga series, and while I've seen all of Brotherhood, I'm missing some of this series. The reason is that it isn't as good as manga or Brotherhood, but I've decided to just power through it and see this, then the movie, then Brotherhood, and then the last movie that can be in both series. And so far, I've been loving it! (Haven't gotten to the weird part yet...)


MUSIC


Lindsey Stirling - Shatter Me (album)

Of course I'm mentioning this! I'm listening to it right now, and I've been obsessed since the night it came out. In fact, when I tweeted that I was exhausted, but wouldn't turn the album off, Lindsey Stirling replied to me! I've got a pic of it and that'll be up in my next blog! :)



Christina Perri - I Believe

Another one on constant repeat, I've been loving this since I first heard it. In April it hit Spotify and was just on repeat!



John Legend ft. Lindsey Stirling - All of Me

This song isn't for sale, but isn't a cover. It's actually John Legend singing and playing his song with Lindsey Stirling! It was posted a while ago, but for a good chunk of the month, I kept playing it. And Beyond the Veil. And Shatter Me. Then the album came out and...yeah. Lindsey obsessed!


That was my favorites of this month! Been pretty busy, and things are only gonna get busier, but I'm looking forward to it! After months of boredom, this YouTube channel has been pushing me in new ways. Editing's been taking a backseat, but I'm gonna start working on that more, I promise!

Oh, and here's my latest video, my April Wrap Up, where I talk about EVERYTHING I read this month!



<3 p="">

1 comment:

  1. Monthly favorites! Woot, woot!

    I will read Crash...eventually. After I read all the other things on my shelf. And some things I plan on getting soon (like the final Selection book, The One, which isn't out yet, so it's not technically on my shelf, and Oblivion, the final Nevermore book, also not on my shelf yet...).

    I want that manga! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! *spazzing*
    Now quick - imagine me flailing my arms like Wayne Brady pretending to be Elmo after Elmo has won Game of Thrones, lol.

    I liked Frozen, and Anna's non-princessly outburst actually makes a lot of sense since her parents were dumb enough to raise them practically in isolation...I want it. :) Is a good Snow Queen adaptation. And yes, it ties with Beauty and the Beast.

    Speaking of, I heard Disney was thinking of doing a live-action B&B? Do you know anything about this, O Wise One?

    Beyond the Veil is BEAUTIFUL! But Shatter Me is my favorite. I. Love. It. OMG!! I want her full albums! Shatter Me, I think, is my favorite of her songs ever because I love the song but I also love the video equally, whereas most of her songs, I love one but like the other.

    Kristin is so nice!
    We have to do the Writer Tag thing on Saturday, don't we? Speaking of which, you're picking us up right? Oh, the car's fixed, btw. But Karl has work I believe.

    Katytastic is an adorable freak of the best kind. I want to do her Book Spine Sentence challenge. It looks SO FUN!! And hard. But fun!

    OMG! Lindsay replied to you?! What did she say?!

    I'll have to check out that Christina Perri album. What are the best songs on it?

    I...think...I've heard that John Legend song with Lindsay...but I'm not sure. I'll have to check on that.

    You look awesome in your video! :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete