Sunday, March 1, 2015

Books-Cupcakes January Book Photo Challenge Part 2/2

Here's the second part of my Books and Cupcakes January Book Photo Challenge! For days 1-15 check out my last post!

Let's get started!


Day 16: I'll Have This Book Forever
This book was in my room when I came home from the hospital as an infant, and while I haven't read it (it's falling apart) I'm not getting rid of this, EVER!
Pictured: Winnie the Pooh by A. A. Milne


Day 17: Biggest Plot Twist
I really didn't expect the twist in Insurgent at all! It blew my mind and had me picking up Allegiant the same night!
Pictured: Insurgent by Veronica Roth on top of Son of Neptune, The Mark of Athena, and The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan, and Divergent and Allegiant by Veronica Roth (all of which have pretty good plot twists).


Day 18: Reading Snack
My fav has to be cereal. (NOT MY PICTURE)


Day 19: Humorous Read
This manga is one of my go-tos when I'm feeling down, because it's so hilarious, and incredibly uplifting. Although once they reached the Grand Line it's been a little darker than before. And yet it's only gotten better!
Pictured: One Piece Vol 1 by Eiichiro Oda


Day 20: Book Stack
This is not a happy book stack. This is a book stack on top of a library book that was doused in water. I left a cup on the floor and my kitties knocked it down while I was out, so the book was completely soaked, and is now ruined. Haven't headed back to the library to deal with the glaring and fines of my kitties messing it up. :(
Book Ruined: Lorien Legacies - The Lost Files: Hidden Enemy by Pittacus Lore


Day 21: Love/Hate Relationship
Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor - I love Akiva and his plotline, can't stand Karou in the slightest in this book.
Nevermore by Kelly Creagh - Love the cover, hate the story


Day 22: Paperback? Hardback? eBook?
I don't have an eReader so eBooks aren't really an option, but if I had one, it would be. Because books. I don't care in the slightest what form they take, a book is a book. Reading is reading. There's a lot of shame going around for years against eBooks, which is unfair. For me, I can't afford to spend all at once on an eReader, plus, I love phsyical books (it's why I'm close to 700 physical books). But I won't hate on those that can't afford physical books and need to keep their library digital. I really don't care. Books are books.
As for hardback vs paperback, I'd rather get all hardbacks. Always. But they're bigger, heavier, and WAY more expensive. So for now, I buy all physical books used in whatever form I can get my hands on. :)


Day 23: Unique Read
While I've certainly read strange things (officially unofficial fan translation of Chinese book series that's only available for free online), a favorite series that's really unique has to be The Sevenwaters Series by Juliet Marillier.This is an Australian author writing about middle ages Ireland. This taught me about faeries, Irish mythology, and Irish history. Also taught me female empowerment, not by doing jobs historically held only to men, but just be being yourself. Sorcha is the biggest fictional influence on myself and how I feel about myself ever. She taught me to proud of my heritage, not ashamed to be quiet, and that not acting is just as powerful as acting. She saves her family and her people through silence and making shirts out of thorns. Insanely difficult, and she does it. From the age of 12-16. She's amazing. Love her, love this series, and I think every girl should read this.


Day 24: I Will Read This To My Kids
My dad used to read Calvin and Hobbes to me and my brother, and even as adults, we love listening to him do it! I adore this comic series, and I will totally read this to my little ones!
Pictured: There's Treasure Everywhere by Bill Waterson


Day 25: Would Recommend
I recommend manga to those who have trouble reading, are in a reading slump, and those feeling down. Fullmetal Achemist by Hiromu Arakawa is my favorite manga, and features my favorite character ever: Edward Elric!!! LOVE THIS SERIES AND TOTALLY RECOMMEND!!!
Pictured: Fullmetal Alchemist Vol 1 by Hiromu Arakawa


Day 26: Old Favorite
This month is full of faves from the past. This is a book I discovered in middle randomly on my language arts teacher's shelf. Borrowed for a week and fell in love. Randomly found it at my library book sale in hard back. Gotta love it!
Pictured: Enchantress from the Stars by Sylvia Engdahl


Day 27: Borrowed This Book
These were the books I had on hand that I checked out from either my library or borrowed from my bestie Ray!
Pictured: Lux - Beginnings by Jennifer L Armentrout, Cress by Marissa Meyer, Scorpion Mountain by John Flanagan, and Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor


Day 28: Colorful Cover
Manga is always colorful, especially these series!
Pictured: Rave Master Vol 14 by Hiro Mashima, Chrono Crusade Vol 4 by Daisuke Moriyama, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelst Vol 16 by Kazuki Takahashi


Day 29: On My Wishlist
These books I had on hand thanks to Ray! Both of them I've read and loved! I now have Cress, but I'm still dying for Daughter of Smoke & Bone.
Pictured: Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor, and Cress by Marissa Meyer



Day 30: Free Picture
The top image is Mighty, who is the most photogenic of my kitties, and the bottom one was me starting Scorpion Mountain (review) with my fav snack, cereal!


Day 31: Read This Month
In no particular order is my stack of read from January. I read a lot of graphic novels and manga, as I took that month to really recover from the stress of #AYearAThon last year. I hadn't participated that month, which readied me for this past month!
Watch my January Wrap Up
Pictured: Darth Vader and Son by Jeffrey Brown; Legacy of the Jedi and Secrets of the Jedi by Jude Watson; The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry; Legend by Marie Lu; Star Wars Clone Wars Vol 7: When They Were Brothers by W. Haden Blackman and Brian Ching; Batgirl Vol 4: Wanted by Gail Simone, Fernando Pasarin, and Jonathan Glapion; Batman Eternal by Scott Snyder; and Divergent Official Illustrated Movie Companion by Kate Egan
Not Pictured: Buso Renkin Vol 3 by Nobuhiro Watsuki, Kekkashi Vols 1 & 2 by Yellow Tanabe, Avatar The Last Airbender: The Search Vol 1 by Gene Luen Yang, and The Little Android by Marissa Meyer


That's it for January! I'm so sorry, I should have posted this as the weeks went by, but I didn't. Entirely my fault. I haven't been doing what I promised I would...Tumblr has really taken over, and that's not okay.

Look for my February posts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment