Friday, March 6, 2015

Monthly Favorites ~February 2015~

Sorry this took forever, I've been pretty busy! Plus those other blog posts are older. BUT! My monthly favorites are finally here! And trust me, I have at least 3 more posts ready for this blog this month, so no more blank months! (I hope.)

So here's what I loved last month!

Books


Brotherband: Scorpion Mountain by John Flanagan
I started this right at the beginning of January, but didn't manage to finish it until the first. I adore this book. Love it, love it, LOVE IT! It's  much better than the last one, and reminded me why John Flanagan is an auto-read and auto-buy for me. 



Avatar the Last Airbender: The Search by Gene Luen Yang
In particular, parts 2 and 3, but I love all three. WE FINALLY LEARN WHAT HAPPENED TO ZUKO'S MOM!!! We didn't know with just part 1, but she's in 2 and 3! I was so excited to read these, and they were so well done. What happened was something I couldn't have guessed, proving once again that Avatar is unpredictable and IT'S AWESOME!!! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!



Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol 3: Death of the Family by Scott Lobdell, Fabian Nicieza, and Timothy Green II
So I did a review of the entire arc for Death of the Family, and it's awesome. But each individual story has it's own flare. This one I felt did the most for the characters, which wasn't true for all of them, certainly not true for Batman or Joker himself. This is my favorite out of them, and raised the bar. What Jason goes through, and the demons he lets go and finally buries for good is awesome. If you want my review for this part in particular, check it!


TV Show


Star Wars Rebels
Okay, I haven't seen all the new episodes, but what I've seen, I've LOVED! I adore this show, and first they bring in Yoda, voiced by the master Frank Oz himself, then Lando by Billy Dee Williams, and then bringing in Tarkin! Oh man, and what happened when Tarkin arrived!!! Wow, this has blown me away, though I need to see the last few of this first season.


Videos


Lip Sync Battle with Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart, and Jimmy Fallon
This video is HILARIOUS. I literally cried, I was laughing so hard. And my stomach hurt. Last month was a tough one, with my depression hitting me pretty hard, but this helped a lot. You have to watch this!



Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars Perform Uptown Funk on Ellen
This song was one of my favorites this past month, but this had to be shown, because this is a phenomenal performance! I adore it and kept watching it, it was just too fun!!!


YouTuber


ThePerksOfBooks
I posted in my 2014 Year Favorites a video of hers, because it was hilarious. Well I subscribed, and I'm glad I did. She's hilarious, and fun to watch, which makes following her a blast. She's also done at least one music video, showing that she's incredibly talented.


Booklr


Marie the Librarian
Marie the Librarian is an amazing Tumblr book lover from Norway of all places, and just as her name says, she's a librarian. She doesn't do videos, but takes plenty of pictures, and loves showing off new books and cool desplays from her library. While I had some issues with my local library, I'd love to go to hers. Even though it's in a different country and I'm not sure how well anyone other than her speaks English...anywho! She's lots of fun to follow, and I was astonished when she suddenly followed me back! Maybe because I'm the queen of reblogs...I kinda don't post my own stuff over there very much... >.>


Music


1. American Beauty/American Psycho by Fall Out Boy
This album has been on repeat all month, and I still listen to it! I've heard the whole thing at least once just today. I adore this album, whereas none of their other albums have really struck my fancy. It's so well done! I love it to pieces! Definitely number one!!!



2. Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
I told you I've been loving this song. This song only barely missed the number one spot, mostly because it's just one song versus a whole album. It's so catchy and fun, I dance around to it all the time. :)



3. Shut Up + Dance by Walk the Moon
This song I heard thanks to my alarm clock. It went off, and then I listened to the end of this song. When I got up I wrote down the only lyrics I remembered, and a few weeks later I found it online, and then on Spotify, and now I'm addicted. It's not a big fav, but it's still the second or third song I listen to on Spotify.



Honorary Mention: Sledgehammer by Fifth Harmony
This song was something I found one night while watching MTV. The video isn't that great, but the song got in my head, and I keep listening to it every so often. But for a while it was pretty constant.


So those are my favs! What book blew you away? Any good songs get in your head? Let me know!
:)

1 comment:

  1. Monthly faves, woot woot!

    I will finish both of those series at some point. I will. I will. *nods*

    ZUKO'S MOM?!?!?! ACK!!!

    I wanna snuggle Jason all the time. :)

    Star Wars Rebels surprised me with how much I liked it, honestly. :)

    I can't watch the videos, crap! I'll do it at home...

    Is ThePerksOfBooks one of the peeps who did Confessions of a Bookworm?

    Oh, so THAT'S what Marie looks like. I wondered. Am I following her? I do not know... Although I've heard that Nordic/Scandinavian countries have a high population of English-speakers.

    I do not know this Fall Out Boy album...

    Not a huge Uptown Funk fan, although I'm loving how it has a life of it's own on Tumblr, lol. Even the Throne of Glass peeps have done something with it.

    I do not know Shut Up + Dance, either... O.O

    What is Sledgehammer by Fifth Harmony? Who's Fifth Harmony? I feel like I've heard of them...

    ReplyDelete