Sunday, March 1, 2015

Books-Cupcakes January Book Photo Challenge Part 1/2

So my goal of writing on here more is totally gone. FINE! I'm doing it now. I'm really mad at myself for just abandoning this blog, because without this blog, my Tumblr wouldn't exist. For real. And even so, I know more of what I'm doing over here than over there.

So, without further ado, here's what I promised forever ago: January Book Photo Challenge!!!!




Day 1: Reading Goal for the Year
I want to top myself from last year, where I read about 120 books. So my goal is 125. Also Popsugar came out with this amazing reading challenge that many on Booklr (Tumblr's book obsessed community that's taken over my life online...) are taking on. SAME!


Day 2: New Year, Newest Book
My dad surprised me at night on New Year's with a trip to Barnes and Nobel, where I picked this up! It's the second book in The Lost Files series in the Lorien Legacies by Pittacus Lore, Secret Histories. Currently my fave in this series.


Day 3: Childhood Favorite
So I have like, 20 childhood favorite's, but this is the only one that survived the many donations to my mother's classroom. I have barely any toys or books left. :)
Pictured: The Baby Blue Cat and the Whole Batch of Cookies by Ainslie Pryor


Day 4: First Book I Ever Loved
Another childhood favorite, but this book was the one I loved when I couldn't even read. I'll never forget being so tiny sitting on one side on my mother with my brother on the other, while she read this too us every night for years.
Pictured: The Chick and the Duckling by V Suteyev


Day 5: Favorite Non-Human Character
Technically there isn't a human character in this book, as the Blood is a race descended from dragons, but I went with Graysfang, because he's adorable, especially for a wolf.
Pictured: Queen of the Darkness by Anne Bishop


Day 6: Emotional Rollercoaster
Very few books can come so close to me hating them, and yet I still have to have them. I hate part of this book with a passion (thanks to the female main character) and love other scenes. It really ripped me up.
Pictured: Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor


Day 7: This Book Inspired Me
Pretty much every book on my bookshelf inspires me in some way, even if it's only by the cover. But these books and their series have seriously inspired my writing.
Pictured Left to Right: Daughter of the Blood by Anne Bishop, The Two Towers by JRR Tolkien, Fullmetal Alchemist Vol 1 by Hiromu Arakawa, From Far Away Vol 1 by Kyoko Hikawa, and Obisidian by LA Knight



Day 8: Reading in Bed
I really did plan on just laying in bed and reading this, but I didn't pick it up until the following month (yes, I'm that terrible). Instead I watched TV and slept.
Pictured: Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor



Day 9: A Quote to Live By
This is my favorite quote ever. Book or otherwise. I live by this quote. Lucivar is talking to his girlfriend (soon to be wife) Marian, and telling her to take charge of her life no matter what. I've read it aloud in this video, because I truly adore this. The bottom picture is pretty much the entirety of this scene.
(can you tell I'm slightly obsessed with The Black Jewels???)
Pictured: Dreams Made Flesh by Anne Bishop


Day 10: Favorite Genre
Fantasy. Hands down, I need my fantasy. Comics, Adults, Manga, YA, Middle-Grade, it's fantasy.
Pictured: Too many to list. :)


Day 11: Bookshelf
Because my shelves hadn't changed except for literally 1 book since the December Book Photo Challenge, I wanted to show off my favorite shelf, my Wheel of Time books!
Pictured: The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan (except Crossroads of Twilight)


Day 12: Library or Bookstore
How about the library book sale? So kinda both???



Day 13: Pagesaver
Here are all my favorite bookmarks!


Day 14: Book OTP
My book OTP is Daemon and Jaenelle from The Black Jewels, but my manga OTP (and really my main OTP) is Roy and Riza/Liza from Fullmetal Alchemist!
Pictured: Queen of the Darkness by Anne Bishop and Fullmetal Alchemist Vol 3 by Hiromu Arakawa


Day 15: Favorite Antagonist
Darth Vader. 'Nuff said.
Pictured: The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader by Ryder Windham

Alrighty! That's all from the first half of the month of January!

Make sure to follow my Tumblr to see all of these the day I post them! I also add a little more in the tags, so make sure to read those!

1 comment:

  1. I need to trim down my yearly goal cuz I am waaay behind...Eeepies.

    I need to check which ones of those Lost Files I need so I don't get multiple copies for my birthday...

    BLUE KITTY! I love that book.

    Graysfang is adorable. He's also the only kindred we interact with A LOT who's young. Which is nice. :)

    Wait, why am I in your inspirational book pic? Me confused.

    I love what you did to your bed. :D

    It's not obsession if the book is epic.

    FANTASY!

    I love that pic of you at the sale, lol! You look like, "No one knows I'm sneaking out to feed my crack habit...right?"

    I love your bookmarks. Mine always get damaged. Or lost.

    My OTPs? I think I did an ask answer on tumblr about this...

    Fave antagonists are the redeemable hot ones!
    <3

    ReplyDelete