Saturday, April 4, 2015

Books-Cupcakes Book Photo Challenge ~March Part 1~

Sorry I didn't post this on time! I lost my camera mid-month and started experimenting my cell, because that was ALL I have to work with now. I'm currently saving up to get another camera, a big powerful one. I think i can do it...I have $80 already. I'm not buying any more books, and I have until the end of May to get it for ComiCon, which I really want to vlog. My cell wouldn't last me walking through the artist galley completely.

So some of these pictures aren't the greatest, as it took quite some time to figure out how to hold my cell and a flashlight at the same time (otherwise it was blurry).

Follow me on Tumblr to see these posts the days I post them!

January Part 1 January Part 2 February Part 1 February Part 2
March Part 2 - Coming Soon!



Day 1: Last Book I Read
Pictured: The Uncertain Path by Jude Watson

It took me FOREVER to get into this book, because I remembered the ending wrong. I started this at the end of February, and continued it throughout the month.



Day 2: Recommendation
Pictured: Wicked Lovely, Fragile Eternity, Radiant Shadows, Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr
Not Pictured in the series: Ink Exchange and Desert Tales

This is all but 1 of the books in the Wicked Lovely series. I love this series, even though it can get really dark and heavy at times. I've always loved fairies thanks to Tinkerbell, and then learning more about the serious myths of the fae through the Sevenwaters Series. This a different approached to the European myths, but keeps the dark and twisted natures of the "Good Folk". It ends brilliantly with a happy ending for everyone.



Day 3: Quote
Pictured: Fullmetal Alchemist Vol 2 by Hiromu Arakawa

Pictured is one of the most heartbreaking quotes in FMA. It's after a tragic character death.
Mustang says to Edward, "Even though people call you a 'dog of the military' and a 'devil,' it was you who chose to keep studying alchemy. You chose to join the military, when you could have lived the rest of your life as best you can with the body you have. Can you afford to be held back by something so small?"
Edward replies, " 'Something so small?' You're right. People may call us dogs or devils, but Al and I will get our bodies back. But we're not devils or gods. We're humans. We can't even save one little girl."




Day 4: Reading Place
Pictured: Fullmetal Alchemist Vol 2 by Hiromu Arakawa, and A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray

Yes, I read, eat, and basically stay the entire time I'm awake on the computer. When I'm reading I'm either listening to music which I can only do that on the computer since my stereo broke, or watching YouTube videos which I can only do on the computer. I'm currently watching YouTube videos on my family's computer while typing this on mine. And yes, there are two books to my left.



Day 5: Someone Reading

Yeah, I didn't take this. I'd just lost my cameras (yes, two of them broke down the same day -_-+), and was struggling with my cell. So I broke down and found a picture online.



Day 6: Spine
Pictured: Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan, and The Spiderwick Chronicles by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black

I love it when book series spine's form a picture. These were the only two I had until later on. They're so pretty!



Day 7: Borrowed
Pictured: Boxers and Saints by Gene Luen Yang; The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson; Red Hood and the Outlaws: Death of the Family by Scott Lobdell, Fabian Nicieza, and Timothy Green II

These were all the books I had borrowed from the library! I have two books less, and two movies more. :)



Day 8: Guilty Pleasure
Pictured: W.i.t.c.h. Books 1-10, 14 and 15 by Elizabeth Lenhard; Secrets of the Jedi, History of the Jedi by Jude Watson; Jedi Apprentice 1 by Dave Wolverton; Jedi Apprentice Books 2-20, Jedi Quest 1-4, Last of the Jedi 1-6, Star Wars Journals Anakin and Padme by Jude Watson

Yes, I did repeat a picture, no, I don't care. The closest thing to a guilty pleasure I have is that I read books most 2nd graders would like, but I'm pretty shameless about it.



Day 9: Book Haul
Pictured: Harry Potter Special Edition Box Set by JK Rowling

The only books I had at the time to show hadn't arrived yet. For my birthday on the 27th my mom purchased the special edition of Harry Potter! And for just over $70! Compared to the original $100 price, that's a good deal! :)



Day 10: Currently Reading
Pictured: W.i.t.c.h. The Power of Friendship by Elizabetta Gnone, A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray, Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor

I was currently reading all of these, and have since read all but Dreams of Gods and Monsters. Yeah, that book is taking forever.

   

  



 



Day 11: Signed
Pictured: Found by Nikki Anne Schmutz; Fullmetal Alchemist by Hiromu Arakawa; Fairest, Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress by Marissa Meyer

Found was signed by the author when I bought it for like, a dollar. It's a cute book, but I'm not sure I want to own it. I may give it to the library sale, but for now it's on my shelf. My FMA volume 1 is signed by Vic Mignognia, the voice actor for Edward Elric. Got that signature on my 21st birthday, which was a lot funner than getting a hangover (I don't believe in drinking). And all of the Lunar Chronicles is signed by Marissa Meyer. If you want to know more about that experience watch my vlog.



Day 12: Bookish Place

That mess is what it looks like when I film. My shelves are straight (except for the spots where the books shown are pulled from), but everything else is chaos. My books sit wherever I manage to put them, my jewelry is removed at once and sits in a pile to the side, my notes go wherever I put them, and there's the stack of books my cell sits on top of because I don't have a stand for it. It's a mess every time, but you can't tell in my videos.
The video I filmed was the first part of my March Book Haul.



Day 13: Fandom

This is a picture from ComiCon 2012, and it's two cosplayers are Ichigo Kurosaki and Rikia Kuchiki from Bleach. That's my favorite fandom. Book fandoms tend to fight, and anime fandoms tend to look down on others who aren't a big enough fan, or are too much of a nerd. It's ridiculous. I haven't run into that problem in the Bleach fandom (yet).



Day 15: Couldn't Finish
Pictured: Justice League of America Vol 1 by Geoff Johns and David Finch

First of all, yes, I skipped day 14, I was in the middle of the camera nightmare, where two died on me on the same day (-_-) and it was keeping me from being creative enough to get "Yummy".
Anywho, I did not like this at all. I didn't like the style, or the characters I was meeting, it wasn't gelling with other volumes, I just didn't like it. So I DNF'd it (did not finish) and gave it back to the library.


Alrighty! That's the first half of March! Expect March part 2 soon!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment